- Full Garden Design Service – see Design Process below
- Garden Consultancy – charged at an hourly rate
- Planting Plans – specifically designed for your site and requirements
The Design Process
Following an enquiry, a preliminary consultation is arranged during which I can see the Client’s garden, and discuss their requirements. This initial analysis of the garden together with the opportunity to ask relevant questions enables a comprehensive brief to be compiled. Following on from this meeting, a letter, confirming the brief outlining your requirements and the design fee to survey, design and draw up your concept plan, is sent to you for your approval.
Upon acceptance of the design fee I arrange to visit the site to undertake a survey and take photographs. I record measurements, levels, aspect, and note any relevant details.
From the survey an outline of the site is drawn up and a concept plan developed. This is a scaled drawing of the design and will show all features of the proposed garden and planting themes or detailing. This plan may be accompanied by sketches or photographs but does not include detailed construction drawings.
Once the client has approved the concept plan, further services are available as appropriate. Fees for these services are individually provided to the client, agreed in advance and include:
- Construction drawings and specification documents, to enable quotations for design implementation.
- Planting plans, showing the position, quantity and variety of plants.
- Site advisory or monitoring visits, to ensure the design is properly interpreted. The number of visits required will depend on the complexity of the design.
Once the hard landscaping is nearing completion and planting beds are prepared I select the plants and position them for planting by the contractor. Beds are then top dressed with organic compost.
Maintenance Guides and Reviews
A maintenance schedule can be provided and many clients find it extremely useful to have seasonal follow up visits in the spring and autumn as the garden begins to grow. During these visits I can demonstrate formative pruning that the client or clients gardener can observe to ensure the design is brought to fruition as the garden establishes.